03 June 2009

Finished! (sort of)

Despite all the rain, I finished the tree house. There are a few things I still want to do, but those are merely cosmetic. Structurally speaking, it is finally done.


The front porch, with tree that extends through the deck.


Other corner.


View from the inside. Yeah I know, a carpenter I aint.



From the side.


Don't look now, but that corner post is trying to pretend it's a tree.



The sandbox is underneath. And out of the scene there is a swing set to the left, a trampoline to the right. You reckon we got kids around here?

Okay, that's it. No more big projects this summer. Maybe I'll get started on closing in the back deck later in the year. We'll just have to see. Right now I'm going to bed.

Peace.

3 comments:

WunderKraut said...

I am totally impressed! Dude! That is awesome! There is no way I could do that. I like the tree limbs used on the railing.

the kids must be stoked!

Crotalus said...

If I did it anybody can.

The boys are in it a lot. Yesterday Levi was on the edge of the porch with his pants down yelling, "Waterfall!"

So, be careful where you're standing when a boy is in his tree house.

LIsa said...

Awesome! Your guys are going to enjoy that for a long time! I am really amazed.