06 August 2009

What I got for my 41st birthday.

Old as dirt is what I got.

No, seriously I got some really cool gifts. Exactly what I wanted. A bamboo tablet by Wacom:
And a book on coloring comics using photoshop:





(Also of note is that the author of the above book is all about customer service. I was having trouble using some of the scripts included on the CD that came with the book, so I sent him an email before I left for work this morning. By the time I got home, he had replied, explaining how to work around my problem.)

Now if I can just find time to play with my new toys.

2 comments:

WunderKraut said...

So what does the writing thing do?

That means you have to show us more of your comics.

Anonymous said...

It's basically a pen mouse. Much easier to draw directly within graphics manipulation software. For coloring comics it speeds up the process when you're doing it all digitally. Yes you can do the same things with a mouse, but it's a lot slower, much more cumbersome.

And showing more of my comics is the idea. I want to make some comic books for the kids, and eventually start working on one for me. Like I said, finding the time is going to be the key.

Crot