02 May 2009

Tree House (thus far)

I'm not a carpenter by a long shot, but this is turning out better than I expected.



Here's me screwing in the deck. The double joists on either side of the post may be overkill, but since I'm planning on suspending a tire swing from a bolt driven through their centers, it does have a semblance of function.


Here's the deck from the front. The tree house won't actually be supported by any trees; it just has the one passing through the deck. But the location is nestled amid several small oaks and is very nice and shady.



I've still got to build the fort section and put up railing, all that sort of stuff. But we are making good progress. One thing I've discovered, dumpster diving is not beneath me. I snagged an awesome door. More pictures once I'm finished.

Peace.

2 comments:

Big Philly D said...

My kids are gonna enjoy that thing. Hurry up before the party this weekend. If you need some help I can hold the camera.

WunderKraut said...

Awesome! Come over and build one for me when you are done