24 July 2009

Harry Potter

My mother-in-law came and kept the boys while we went to see the new Harry Potter film last night. While I enjoyed the movie, there was a definite lack of depth to it. I've only read the first book of the series, so I won't make any unrealistic comparisons between Half Blood Prince the movie and book, but I will say this: even to one who has not read the book, this movie felt like a stone being skipped across the surface of something vast. At about two and a half hours, it still felt rushed. Oh well.

2 comments:

Big Philly D said...

Booooooooooooooo

Mike India said...

You're right. The book had a lot more in it. They should have made two movies out of this second-to-last book, which was 652 pages in the American edition. The book was about The Half Blood Prince, Prof. Snape, yet there was hardly any of his history in the movie as revealed in the book. The books are great, you should really read them all in order. Then, the movies will make much more sense to you. I understand that they're going to split the final book into two movies. This is a good idea.