20 July 2009

Little thrills

We were trying to squeeze in a little fun before the school year starts up, so on Saturday we packed up and drove to Tybee island. We'd never been there so we didn't know what to expect. It was nowhere near as nice as Daytona in terms of the sand and water clarity, but the upside was that there were many more shells to be found--especially on the north end of the beach.

One thing I'd never found, though, was a shark's tooth. I was building sand castles with the boys, and I remember sort of thinking/praying at some point: Lord, it would be really cool if I could find a shark tooth today.

I'm not sure if I dug it up, or if the wave brought it in, but I was digging a hole--was about four or five inches deep--when a wave washed up far enough to sweep into my hole. As the water was receding, I felt what I thought was a shell fall into my hand. When I took my hand out of the water, what I found instead was this:



It's a fossilized Tiger Shark tooth. Now is that cool or what? God hears little prayers, and wants to give us little thrills. Cause He loves us a whole, whole bunch.

Peace.

No comments: