29 December 2007

A good book


Disclaimer: As I write this, there are fourteen to twenty kids yelling in the background. Okay, there are only four but it sounds like a lot more. So if this post is kind of rocky, well it's only halfway because of my normal scatterbrainedness.


Anywho. On to the topic at hand. A good book. I love sitting down with a good one, I'm trying in my spare time to write a good one. I've succeeded in writing a very rough draft of a somewhat mediocre one. I love fiction in particular, but every once in a while someone will turn me onto a good non-fiction one.


For Christmas my wife bought me a book by one of my heroes. It's somewhat autobiographical, but the main focus seems to be the empire he built and how he watched it nearly crumble.


It's called "Me, myself, and Bob". It's by Phil Vischer, the creator of VeggieTales. I'm only a third of the way through, but can already whole-heartedly recommend it. It's an easy read, but with a lot of depth, insight, humor, and honesty.



http://www.amazon.com/Me-Myself-Bob-Talking-Vegetables/dp/0785222073/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1198956860&sr=8-1

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good to hear from you