14 April 2008

Pray for fun!


The wife and I are planning a family trip to DisneyWorld this coming weekend. We are staying in one of the Disney hotels on the 19th, 20th, and 21st. This will be the first time for the boys, and while the youngest probably won't remember much of it, the oldest definitely will. It's been over 20 years since I've been there and probably 15 since my wife last went.

And while we expect to have a blast, I believe satan is trying to steal this joy from us. My wife has not been feeling well at all today, so pray for her to be completely healed. And I was hoping to dodge nightshift this week, but it looks like I will be doing three nights of 12 hours each. The biggest trick there is having enough time to help prepare and to get my sleep turned around before we leave Saturday morning. Pray I will be efficient in my use of time and focused in what I need to do. And that we all will be supercharged, well-rested, and ready to go come Saturday morning.

We are going to have a glorious time. You will not stand in our way, devil. We are going to have fun, so get out of the way.

Beloved, be healed. Self, be focused and rested. Boys be agreeable and full of joy. I speak all these things into existence in Jesus's name.

3 comments:

Jen Talley said...

Oh my I am sooo excited for you guys!!!!! We will bwe praying for a smooth trip and for everyone to be rested and well. :)

Mrs. Chief said...

I totally understand the sleep thing. As Joel did nearly three years of 12 hour night shifts. I also will be praying for the heavens to open up and joy and healing and rest to rain down. What a priviledge to be going on a mini vacation. Joel and I can't wait for the day to take our family to D.W. have a BLAST!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jen and Aimee! I'll post a follow up on my blog to let y'all know how it goes.

The Bible says that the prayer of a righteous man availeth much. I'm sure that goes double for righteous women, so I claim every prayer y'all send up for us.

Peace,
Stacy