15 May 2008

Dottie Rambo


I just heard yesterday that Dottie Rambo was killed this past weekend when her bus wrecked. She was 74 years old and apparently on her way to a concert.

When I was very young, around five or six, my mother would listen to Rambo LPs. This was back in the early seventies. As I grew older I began to appreciate just how talented Dottie Rambo was. The woman was a tremendous song writer and singer. And the Rambos had a sound that was unique and anointed. 'Sheltered in the arms of God' is one of my favorites. 'I have Hope', 'New Shoes', and of course 'He looked beyond my fault and saw my need'.

Good memories

http://www.dottierambo.net/index2.htm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Teardrops Will Never Stain The Streets if That City." has touched me this week more than words can express. I think of it and Jesus is made real deep inside of me. Just as Dottie would want. Sister teardrops may never fall where you are, but we're crying a river of them here on earth missing you. Thank you so much for all of your songs. Can't wait to hear what your singing about now!
Melissa