08 May 2008

God's 2 cents

One of the greatest things about following Jesus is learning to hear His voice. Sure, there are times when I wonder if it's His voice I'm hearing or just my own wishful thinking. But sometimes the words are so powerful, so unexpected, or said in such a way that I absolutely know: it's Him!

And He can say more in two words than anyone else could say in their entire lifetime. He spoke to me earlier this year. It was a simple question from me and prompted a response so succinct, yet powerful, that there was no doubt He had spoken.

I had been feeling overwhelmed at my job. It seemed like the artist in me was for naught. Often in my life I've felt my vocation and my heart's desire were at opposite ends of the spectrum. And for me life can really be frustrating when there isn't time for the art to be expressed. (One reason I am blogging, actually. Expression.)

Anyway, I asked God, why did you give me this artistic talent? What am I supposed to do with it? What am I supposed to do with my life?

And He said, "Get creative."

2 comments:

Mrs. Chief said...

I love how plain and too the point God is. When I was overwhelmed with this new baby on the way #5 for us, I was just a boo-whooin' in the car. God clearly spoke and told me to raise my right hand...then he very comically said "see NOW you have a handful" I even laughed!

Crotalus said...

Aimee,

That is incredible! You probably would have never thought of that on your own. People who think God is so stoic need to realize, He invented humor.

By the way, happy mother's day.