02 May 2008

Making art: Step one - getting it on paper

As mentioned previously, I call myself an artist. More on the definition of that later. Since I don't have much time for posting, I wanted to put up an idea I've been kicking around. Some time ago I had the idea of representing the call to arms that God has for each of us. The weapon He places in our hands is His word. I saw in my mind's eye an image of Jesus offering a sword hilt-first. It is our responsibility to take it up and to learn how to use it. I call this piece of art "Godsword", which can be pronounced two ways, either of which is correct. My plans are to translate this idea into a painting. For now it's just a pencil drawing.



The contrast of the scanned image isn't very good, but here it is:



There is the hint of a lion in Jesus's hair. Also, you can't see them, but the words Veritas and Spiritus are on the blade.

Peace,
Crotalus

No comments: