09 January 2009

I'm tired I tell you!

I haven't blogged about it yet, but I found out about a month or so ago that my thyroid doesn't seem to be working like it should. Don't know how long this has been going on. One of the questions they asked me was "Do you feel tired a lot?". Oh yeah. And then, "How long has that been going on?" Oh, about forty years.

Anywho, I'm not sure that my thyroid has been underactive for that whole time, but it's nice to get a confirmation that it is not due to some innate laziness that I stay tired. They've prescribed a generic form of synthroid:


I will go back in a few months to see how it's working (they look at my blood for certain levels of whatever), and adjust the dosage if necessary.

I'm already taking medicine for blood pressure and cholesterol. So I really don't like the idea of taking a bunch of pills, but if it will help I'm beginning to think that whatever it takes to feel better is worth it.

Alright then, let me get out of here and go to work.

1 comment:

Lynda Meyers said...

Hope the medicine helps and that you're feeling better real soon!