20 August 2010

RIP Dodo bird

On the way home from church Wednesday night, Levi was talking about a Dodo bird.  I asked him where he'd heard about the Dodo.   Come to find out he saw it on a sequence in the animated version of 'Alice in Wonderland'.   So I told him, "You know all the Dodos are extinct.  There aren't any more alive.  People killed them all."  To which he promptly replied, "Yaaaaayyy!"


Now, if I was a hunter with mounted animals all over the walls I might be able to understand his response, though it would still concern me.  I tried to find out why he said 'Yay', but what I got was utter nonsense.  I can't even remember what it was, but it was something akin to: they are poo-poo birds made out of poop.  Anyhow, sorry Dodos, but my five year old isn't the least bit sympathetic to your plight.

No comments: