09 August 2010

Welcome to the Apocalypse

This morning when I woke up, if you can call it that, I felt somewhat less than human.  To tell the truth, much less.  The most herculean attempt at movement resulted only in a slow, stiff-limbed twitch.  Somehow, after raking past my wife's nose with what was surely a disfigured arm, I managed to find the off button on the alarm clock.  05:20 am, the time of night when nothing should stir.  But I knew that if I succumbed again to the coma I'd struggled out of, I might never make it back to consciousness. 

Not that you could call my mental state conscious.  Like I said before, my arms and legs were barely responding, my brain was a sluggish...uh...slug.  Somehow I staggered into the bathroom and found the shower.  I thought for several minutes thereafter that I had indeed become the victim of some sort of zombie apocalypse.  The only thing missing was the craving for human brains.  What I did crave however, was a cup of coffee and a donut. 

Which I am now enjoying as I type this.  Those two things, combined with the shower (I truly don't think I could survive in a third world country), have once again saved my morning.  I think I'm going to make it now.

Peace.

No comments: