16 August 2008

The first of things you don't know about Crotalus

In an alternate universe I woulda been Ronnie Van Zant. Or something like that. I really dig Lynyrd Skynyrd. There is no way to overrate this band. Before Jesus got ahold of me, and actually a bit afterwards to tell the truth, I wanted to be a rock star.

True story: Once in Scotland, a local bar band was doing "Call me the breeze" and doing a terrible job of it. So I did what any self-respectable southern man woulda done and got on stage, confiscated the mike, and finished out the song for them. Afterwards I addressed the crowd thusly, "And if you don't like that, you can kiss my a..."

Not my finest moment, but the one in which I was, however briefly, Ronnie Van Zant.

4 comments:

Mrs. Chief said...

LOL What makes that sooooo funny is that I can't even BEGIN to visualize it, then when I try I just get tickled! :-)

Crotalus said...

I know. And I didn't even mention the empty beer bottle that I kicked off the edge of the stage as I was leaving.

It makes me feel good when someone says, "I can't picture you doing (whatever crazy thing I once did)". Jesus has definitely transformed me, and continues to do so.

Anonymous said...

Man that sounds like something I would've done in my wild days or as I like to call them, last Thursday...:-)

I bet your singing was much better.

Poppasan said...

Hey, days gone by, sure, but...I bet the crowd loved it!